Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Trust Your Gut

There is a little protective decision making mechanism in all of us that will save you from making big mistakes. It is that little feeling you have in the pit of your stomach that says..."Uh, I don't know. Maybe we shouldn't run this." Or, "Maybe we should send a crew to that story..."

There's no real logical reason for what your feeling, but you feel it anyway. Trust your gut and follow your instinct, even if it doesn't make total sense, especially if the weight of the responsibilty of the decision rests on your shoulders.

No comments: