Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Quick Easy Way to Improve Your Show

Be your own consultant. Have someone record your show and watch it. But don't watch right after it's over. Come in a little early the next day and watch it then. Your show won't be so close to you and you can look at it with fresh eyes. You'll be amazed the stuff you notice. Do your vosots need shortening? Is there some editing sloppiness that slipped in? How was the overall pacing- did you get bored watching? What about graphics? Did they help understanding or just muddle things up? Were they consistent throughout the show?

Even if you can't do this every night-- try watching, at least the first block, at least once a week. You might also want to watch with an immediate supervisor, if you can get five minutes with them.

No comments: