Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Double-Checking Stories

A lot of us get story ideas off the web. That's fine. But be careful. Make a couple calls to verify a story before you run with it.

Case in point: some guy made up a story about an Oklahoma football player and then put it online.
http://newsok.com/article/3270140?topten_check=yes

I don't know if any news agencies picked this story up, but you can see how easy it would be to do. Be careful.

No comments: