Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

News Updates

News updates are a pain. They are a misnomer because they are actually the teases that run between newscasts in programming. I think I had two 30s and a couple tens back in the day?

My humble suggestion- don't assume viewers are different from hour to hour- as in- write different copy for each tease.

I know they're a pain to do. The promotions department should be doing them for you! Alas, they do not. Write new stuff for each tease so the same viewers don't have to sit through the exact same teases hour afer hour.

No comments: