Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Idea for Weather Coverage

Heard an idea from a local station worth stealing. Their weather staff has a volunteer ham radio operator who comes in during severe storm coverage. The National Weather Service uses ham radio operators to get on the the ground weather spotting and conditions. If your market is in an area prone to tornados, it might make sense to develop a relationship with a few of these operators. It could really help strengthen your coverage when you are going wall to wall.

No comments: