Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Friday, January 4, 2008

Blowing the Tease

I know I've blogged about this but I keep seeing it and it drives me crazy.

Don't let video give away your tease! If there's a posiblity the video could give away the tease, write very specific instructions on the script you take back.

Don't take scripts back for teases? Just call back and tell the editor to cut thirty seconds from such-and-such tape? For shame! Teases are one of the most important parts of the show. They shouldn't be a throw away. And they shouldn't give away the story.

No comments: