Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Saturday, January 26, 2008

GPS's Cheap Cousin- Google Maps

I swear I don't get paid by Google. But I found a cool new way to use Google for those of you who have Blackberries. They have a version of Google Maps you can load, for free, onto your handheld. It uses the phone to plot your location on a map. You can also add an address of where you want to go and it will pop up directions for you.I used this for the first time this morning to get to a seminar. It was like having a little GPS in my hand. Might be great for spot news or interviews where you have no clue where you're going. Also helps when you're in the middle of nowhere and can't figure out a font location. And get this, sometimes you can check traffic on the main highways. The road will change color to indicate the speed of traffic. So cool!

No comments: