Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Breaking news? Try a Double Box

Some call it a double box. Some call it a big/little. A rose is a rose. The next time you have spot news, try it! For example, breaking weather. Weather guy blabbing on? Double box him with a live weather shot. Or great weather video, if you've got it, but preferably a live pic.

If you have a GREAT live pic, DO NOT GET OFF OF IT! Leave it up and double box it with whatever second element you have, interview, reporter, anchor, whatever. If your station can't do double boxes easily, leave the live pic up and let anchors and everyone talk under it.

No comments: