Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wipe Out!

When do you wipe between stories? When SHOULD you wipe between stories?

Wiping can help pick up the pace of a show, but it can also lend a sense that stories are connected in some way, when they might not be. Something to think about.

*So maybe you have a couple of consumer stories? Wipe yourself out.
*A block of a few national stories? Wipe away.
*Wipe into the next local story that has nothing to do with the last couple stories you've done? Not so much.

Also, keep in mind that you want your anchors to be seen as much as possible. That may keep you from wiping. In the national or consumer stories example... maybe have your anchor extablish at the top... wipe/wipe/wipe and then on cam tag to finish out that chunk of stories.

No comments: