Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Making a Graphic Request & Checking it Twice

Just saw a show with not one, but two spelling errors on the same full screen graphic. Please, for the love of humanity--- READ YOUR GRAPHIC REQUESTS OUT LOUD before handing them in. Your ears will catch mistakes your eyes don't see.

Also, consider designating someone, anyone, in the newsroom to look over your graphics requests for obvious errors.
It can be an anchor.
It can be someone on the desk.
It can an intern as long as you get a second set of eyes on them.

For producers who do some of their own graphics through system templates, this is even more important.

No comments: