Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Who's Who

Sometimes you get sent on stuff and have no idea what the main players look like. I find this happens a lot with elections. Stations will all but ignore political coverage during the campaign but then expect you to score big on election night. I find google image searches handy for this. Go to:

http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi

Type in the name in quotes to search.

For elections, the candidates' websites are also a place to find pics. If you've got a few minutes, make some flashcards for yourself. Print out images of all the candidates and spokespeople you'll need to know and then put a brief summary of info on each one, including the name and cell phone of that candidate's handler. That will help you familiarize yourself with them and be able to recognize them quickly on election night.

No comments: