Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Stupid Reporter Bag

A friend of mine and fine photographer used to keep what he called a "Stupid Reporter Bag." It had socks, an extra jacket and gloves, etc. The reason was that inevitably, some reporter would come out with him on a story and get stuck, wholly unprepared for the elements.

I like to keep my own version of the stupid reporter bag which changes according to season. If there's even a possiblity of snow or ice anywhere in my region, I pack thermals, good gloves, heavy socks and a couple packs of hand warmers. In the Spring, it's rain gear, a plastic sandwich bag for my phone, mosquito spray, sunscreen, etc. The point is-- imagine the worst case scenerio of what you might be sent out on and then plan accordingly.

No comments: