Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Superstitions

I don't know when this started, but as a show producer, whenever I'd go into the booth, I'd cross my fingers on the my right hand. I know it's stupid. And certainly, I had bad shows when I crossed my fingers. But somehow I always felt like it would be even worse if I hadn't.

I thought I had cured myself of this habit. After all, I haven't been in the booth for a couple of years. But today, as we are editing a package and getting anxiously closer to our deadline, I noticed my old habit return without me even thinking about it.

Will we make it? Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: