Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

More on the Hologram

Thought I might post a link to CNN's article on their election night hologram.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/11/06/hologram.yellin/

A co-worker and I thought it was cool but debated its use. Say they become as popular as live trucks-- where would you use them? Honestly, if a reporter is in the middle of a loud crowd, I want to see that. That helps me understand what's going on in the story. Maybe for the lame liveshots out at the scene that's been dead for four hours? When it's too far to drive it back, just pop into the hologram?

What would really be moving is to take the setup to Iraq and have soliders use it. Wouldn't that be cool for some family to have their Dad or Mom beamed back around Christmas time?

No comments: