Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Monday, December 8, 2008

2nd Best Producer in the U.S.

If I tell you I'm the second best producer in the United States, the first question that pops to your mind is, oh yeah? Who's first? You can't give a ranking without answering other obvious questions. And yet, we do it all the time.

=Dallas is the number two retirement city in the universe (Who's best?)
=Dallas has the 5th worst snowplow association in the state (Who's the worst?)

A recent example I have been hearing a lot lately is that Congressman William Jefferson is the second least effective lawmaker on the hill. Begs the question- who's worse than the guy who had F.B.I. agents find thousands of marked bills in his freezer? It was driving me crazy so I looked it up. Says congress.org, it's someone from my former home state of Arizona, Congressman Rick Renzi.

P.S. I have no idea who the best producer in the U.S is and I'm obviously no where near second, or third, or 456th...

No comments: