Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Key to Next Job? Say "Thanks"

I ran across an interesting article on what might tip the scales after your next job interview-- a simple thank-you note. Even an emailed one.

Here's the article.

I'd add to that. In addition to saying "thanks," you might want to include some follow-ups to the interview. Maybe add an interesting link about something you talked about. Perhaps some story ideas or ideas for the show for which you're interviewing. Can't hurt! And at the very least, you look classy.

No comments: