Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Do as I Say & Not As I Do

Remember how I constantly harp on rereading copy to proof for mistakes? I'm not so good at taking my own advice. I've been writing for a new "live" blog for work, as in, I write it and it goes live to the web without benefit of a second set of eyes. I am fanstastic as catching mistakes in other people's copy. I am not so hot at catching them in my own. I'm trying to force myself to read everything aloud and SLOWLY. I'm finding with the web, the deadline is now-- not your next hit time or show.

It's really frustrating to see your own stupid mistakes.

No comments: