Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Sunday, November 23, 2008

You're Hot

"You're hot." Two little words that can save your show from looking sloppy. It's one of the biggest complaints from photogs in the field... they put a picture up... and you take it without telling them. And because they don't know it's live... they readjust right in the middle. Make it standard operating procedure to give cues to anyone who is live in your show. Give them one a couple minutes out... a minute out... a standby... and you're hot. Follow up with "you're clear." Then the photographers can give you their best... and maybe do a cool move while you're live.

Bigger markets often assign someone to coordinate live shots in the booth. If this is the situation at your shop, make sure this person is on top of it.. and if not, have a follow-up conversation.

No comments: