Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

CNN Election Night Hologram

Did you guys see this? CNN "beamed" a reporter into the studio via a hologram... like the ones they had at Disney's Epcot Center back in the day. I thought it was interesting. But I wish they would have had some video of the setup as she was explaining how it works. It might have even been worth a quick piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_aDBiPREUE&feature=related

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CNN just teased an explainer piece on the holograms. The magic wall definitely has news value. Not sure about the holograms, tho. (Got your link from your post in the "I work in TV news" Facebook group.)

Anonymous said...

I read an article about this and it said that the "hologram" was their reporter standing in a circular room with green-screen walls all the way around surrounded by 35 high-definition cameras that somehow communicated with their cameras in-studio to produce the illusion of an actual "hologram."
The anchor could not see them...he was just staring at a spot on the floor that had been marked out for the hologram.