Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Thursday, November 13, 2008

HD Pitfalls

Something to keep in mind as we head into the brave new world of HD.

Most stations are implementing in various stages. The ones I've seen so far have the anchors back at the station in HD... but the field crews are regular. This is weird but I guess unavoidable. When you're watching on a HD set... you see crystal clear anchors, wrinkles and all... and then they toss to reporters in the field... who now look sort of fuzzy. The point is-- might not make a whole lot of sense to put them in double boxes together where the two different qualities of pictures stand out more. Graphics are often in high def too. Just something to think about.

No comments: