Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Monday, October 27, 2008

Like Things Go Together

When you're putting a rundown together, don't overthink things.

Remember this: Like things go together. It's like organizing your closet... like colors, like items, have some kind of order in there. I say this after watching a newscast where you might get a heachache from the show ping-ponging around so much. With a shooting here, a car accident there, a national story that relates to nothing, then another violent incident locally. Like things together. Put your violent local stories together. Put politics, local or otherwise, together. Weather together. Whatever. Just try to put some kind of order into your show. Otherwise it's really hard to watch.

No comments: