Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Monday, October 27, 2008

The future of TV

I found a few intersting articles I thought I'd pass along.

One is about the near future-- local t.v. stations getting hammered once the election ad money runs dry...
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/27/business/media/27carr.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

The other is about the possiblities of t.v. integrating with social networking. The article points to gaming with users being able to interact. I wish I had more tech knowledge-- I think this would work well with users watching sports or politics. Imagine baseball fans watching the World Series and interacting after a big play. Or avid fans of politics watching election results together. Or, local t.v. stations, for that matter, on big weather days. Viewers could interact about what's happening in their area. Something to think about. Here's the article.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122461909287855339.html

No comments: