Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Friday, March 7, 2008

The Future is Now


I had the great fortune to work with some cool new technology. The above may look like a regular Expedition (sorry the pic's not better) but it's not. It's a sat truck. Sort of. My company is trying out two of these things. The vehicle has a big flat-ish disc on the top of the roof that basically tracks a satellite. You flip a couple buttons and you are live on the bird. It's crazy cool. When it works. The vehicle we had was slightly temperamental, but the fact that it can be done at all is just amazing to me.
The vehicle we worked in has two permanent cameras, one aimed at the passenger seat (for talent) and one on the roof. There's also wireless camera gear that you can take out and use. I've seen live trucks decked out like this but the fact that they've done it so that you can get on a satellite that quickly-- is just awesome.
In case you're interested, here's a link to the blog about our roadtrip.

No comments: