Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Graphics Gone Wrong

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. PLEASE double check your graphics. The best story comes to a screaming halt when there's a misspelling or typo. Have some kind of system in place to do a final run through of both your chyrons and graphics. Even if it's an intern-- any warm body-- have a second set of eyes go through each and read them out loud. You'd be amazed the little mistakes you can catch that have the potential to sink your show with the viewer. Nothing screams sloppy like bad graphics. If you can't get something simple like graphics done right, why would viewers trust you with the big stuff-- getting your facts and information straight?

No comments: