Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Interesting New Website: Online Only Magazine

LonnyMag, the new online style magazine has nothing to do with news, but I keep thinking about it in terms of how it could be used for news websites, if at all. It's basically an online magazine where if you see something you like, you can click on it and instantly get routed to the item-- essentially hyperlinks connected to pictures of the item. Wanna buy that chair? Click on the picture and purchase.

Shades of CueCat (www.poynter.org/dg.lts/id.5036/content.content_view.htm)
a few years back (any other former Belo employees remember this?)... but... in this case, I think it works. Of course, it helps if you're into decorating and fashion...

What could you do with this on a news website? Maybe a slideshow of top 10 holiday toys with links? It's interesting to mull over the possibilities... (www.lonnymag.com)

Speaking of hyperlinks, I have yet to figure out how to get them working here. So my apologies to all of you who hate to cut and paste.

No comments: