Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Words of Wisdom from NBC's Bob Dotson

"Covering news these days is a lot like working in a circus. The process is so complicated, we spend most of our time just trying to get the tent up. We slap ourselves on the back when we get signals out of a difficult places, but we forget: No one comes to a circus to marvel at the tent. They come to watch the trapeze act. Our "act," the careful crafting of writing to picture, gets scant attention, as we scamper from live shot to live shot. Maybe this will help save some seconds during the day, so that your time doesn't have to be sliced too thin for thought."
Bob Dotson

From a column at RTNDF
http://www.rtnda.org/pages/media_items/better-writing-at-the-speed-of-spot-news658.php

No comments: