Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Finding a Company Number

I wanted to pass along a small tip that I picked up working consumer and that I just used a couple days ago. Trying to contact a company can sometimes be difficult. You'd think company media types would have say, a phone number or email on their websites, but increasingly, that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess they are getting a lot of disgruntled yahoos calling. In any case, here's where Hoovers comes in. Hoovers.com is a website that has company info on it. All the major companies are on there and they generally have an address and non-toll free number that at least gets you to an administrative operator who can transfer you to the pr department.

No comments: