Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine Flu & Chicken Little

The swine flu is an important story to be sure, but please don't lose your minds. There's a fine line between informing the public and needlessly scaring them. So far, there have been no deaths in the U.S. and compared to the population at large, there have been very few cases here. The swine flu, even though it's a new strain-- is still the flu. No one runs in panic every Winter when there are other flu outbreaks. To put it in perspective, according to the CDC, just last week, there were 151 cases of the seasonal flu with two pediatric deaths. Over this flu season, close to 26,000 people got sick because of influenza and more than 50 children died.

No comments: