Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Preaching Twitter. Again

Here's an interesting article on how the Austin-Statesman used Twitter to cover Ike. Something any station could do.
Statesman team uses Twitter to cover Hurricane Ike

Posted using ShareThis

I also used Twitter during Gustav and Ike. I went to summize.com and found users in the New Orleans and Houston area. I followed them so I could get a sense of what they were experiencing and what was important to them. I also followed the local newspapers and tv stations in the area to make sure we weren't missing anything.

No comments: