Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Handy Tip for Photogs in Hurricanes & other Heavy WX


This tip courtesy of Guy Hernandez, three time NPPA winner, and Guy Morton, former NBC photog who now freelances for everybody.

Ever seen those big Ziploc storage bags, the ones for sweaters, extra blankets etc.?

They're huge. They're also rain gear.

The "Guys" use them in hurricanes and say they work better than anything. Guy H. puts his regular rain gear over the camera, then one of these Ziploc bags over that. He pokes a hole in the the bag and then stretches it to fit the lens perfectly. Then he makes another hole for the viewfinder. 

Attached is a picture of Guy Morton, who's using the Ziploc sans other rain gear while covering flooding in Marble Falls, TX (Texas Hill country outside Austin). 

No comments: