Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tips for Successful Election Night

Plenty of pizzas and caffeine are key to knocking it out of the park. And don't forget your field crews when you are doling out the free food.

If you have a ton of results that you need to show but are not major races, trying scrolling through graphic panels going in or out of a break. People can read- and it's a lot more jazzy than hearing your anchor read every single stat. For some key races where you do want your anchor to read the results, how about having moving video in the graphic somewhere? It could be video of the candidates or the issue or just people voting.

No comments: