Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Rough Turns

There aren't many opportunities for anchors to develop or share chemistry. Tosses to weather and sports are sometimes the only times your anchors can lossen up and let viewers connect with them a little. Try to assist in this process by making the story before weather or sports one that might be condusive to chit-chat. I was watching a newscast the other day where a crime story was actually what lead into weather. It brought the show to a grinding halt and made for a really rough turn for the anchors. Instead, pick a feature or a talker. Maybe something one or both of the anchors is interested in- whatever- just no buzzkills right before sports or weather tosses.

No comments: