Welcome to the PIT List!

I'm a network field producer who also worked in local tv as a line producer and field producer. Over the years, I have had the great fortune to work with super people. Now I'd like to pass along what I know and rant a tad.

"Dear Maggie..." pitlist@gmail.com
I check it sporadically, but I love answering emails, so if you have an issue or difficult person you need help with, don't hesitate to shoot it my way.

Maggie L

Maggie L
One of the rare times I'm in the office

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Accuracy Checklist

Ran across this and thought this was worth reading. It's a checklist for proofing stories. Obviously this is meant for a print crowd-- but it can work for TV. Modify it to fit your needs. I particularly like "read aloud" and "check phone numbers." As for grammar and spelling, double check that it's right for fonts & full screens.

Handy checklist here

By the way, the Reynolds Center for Business Journalism has a lot of good (free) advice and workshops. Although it's directed toward business writers, a lot of it can be translated to our business.

No comments: